McKissick Closed spelter socket for steel wire rope ø 8 mm up to ø 102 mm. Spelter socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100%, based on the catalogue strength of wire rope.
- Forged Steel Sockets through 38 mm, cast alloy steel 40 mm through 102mm.
- All cast steel sockets 40 mm and larger are magnetic particle inspected and ultrasonic inspected.
- Proof testing available on special order.
- Spelter socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100%, based on the catalog strength of wire rope.
- Ratings are based on recommended use with 6x7, 6x19, or 6x37, IPS or XIP (EIP), XXIP (EEIP), RRL, FC, or IWRC wire rope.
- Strand constructed with minimal number of wires (e.g. 1x7) requires special consideration that socket basket length be five (5) times the strand diameter or fifty (50) times the wire diameter , whichever is the greater.
- Also available in self-coloured / ungalvanized version on request.
Standard: Fed Spec RR-S-550D TYPE B.
- Material: Forged steel from wire rope ø 8mm up to 38mm. From ø 40mm Cast Alloy steel.
- Marking: ID code and Manufacturer's symbol.
- Finish: Galvanized.
- Safety factor: 5:1
Download CAD by choosing the desired product from the table above and the format from the menu below. Click "Get CAD" and after the load reaches 100% you can click on the download icon to download it. Please note that CAD drawings are only available if the icon at the right side of the table above is colored and not grayed out.